JIRA is a proprietary issue tracking product, developed by Atlassian. It provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions.
JIRA has two options for installation, One is Cloud server, the other is Own server. Here, we are going to see about JIRA own server installation.
We should follow the below steps,
1. wget http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-7.1.0-jira-7.1.0-x64.bin
2. chmod +x atlassian-jira-software-7.1.0-jira-7.1.0-x64.bin
3. sudo ./atlassian-jira-software-7.1.0-jira-7.1.0-x64.bin
4. Use default ports (HTTP: 8080, Control: 8005) – Recommended , Set custom value for HTTP and Control ports [2, Enter]
If you are already using 8080 HTTP port and 8005 control port. Choose Custom Port option 2. Otherwise, choose 1.
5. JIRA installation has completed.
If you want to use your own database for JIRA, follow the below steps,
6. Create a new database
7. wget http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-5.1.36.tar.gz
8. tar -zxvf mysql-connector-java-5.1.36.tar.gz
9. sudo cp mysql-connector-java-5.1.36/mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin.jar /opt/atlassian/jira/lib/
Successfully mysql driver has installed in JIRA.
If you are using the AWS micro instance type or If you don’t have enough space for JIRA installation in server, please follow the below steps,
10. sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/swapfile bs=1M count=2048
11. sudo chmod 600 /var/swapfile
12. sudo mkswap /var/swapfile
13. echo /var/swapfile none swap defaults 0 0 | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab
14. sudo swapon -a
Change JIRA memory value in setenv.sh for micro instance or not enough space.
15. sudo nano /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/setenv.sh
Use the below variable values in setenv.sh file,
16. sudo service jira stop
17. sudo service jira start
We have completed the installation and Pre-setup steps. Now, you can setup your JIRA.
Enter, http://URL:8080 (If you have custom port use that port) in browser
18. Choose, “I’ll set it up myself “option, if you want to use your own database, otherwise “choose Set it up for me” option.
19. After giving database credential, Test the connection. Then, continue your setup.