Below are the steps to create Mailgun API credentials
1.Click the below link to Sign Up your account
2.Click the Sign Up option in the top right corner.
3.Sign Up to the account by filling the required details in the form.
4.After Login to your account,
- There is a option to copy and paste the snippet in your terminal to use sandbox server to send mail to authorized recipients. By using this, it is possible to send 300 emails/day.
- You can add your domain to send unlimited number of emails.i.e,.. 10000 emails/month for free.
5.After choosing to try with 10000 emails/month by adding your domain name.
Complete the following 4 steps to complete the process:
1.Go To Your DNS Provider
- Need to go to your DNS provider to manage your added domain name with the account.
- Method for adding values differs from one DNS to another. Below link describes briefly about the steps to add DNS record
2.Add DNS Record for Sending
- Need to add TXT,MX and CNAME records to send and receive message through mailgun. Need to add the code in the “Enter this value” option in your site.
3.Add DNS Records For Tracking
- Need to add the code in the “Enter the value” for tracking the mail actions.
After verifying the account, the details like Domain Information, Domain Settings, Tracking Settings, Security Settings for Outgoing Mail will be filled automatically from the data we provided and now the account state will be active as shown in the below screenshot
Email Settings In Admin Panel:
Now apply the Domain Name, SMTP Hostname and API Key in your Admin Panel to kick start your mailgun service with your account to enjoy 10000 emails/month.
Enter the above marked details in the below settings option to complete the process.
Add Recipients Details To Receive The Mails:
Following are the steps to invite your recipients in Mailgun
1.Select Account Settings Option from your account drop down menu as shown in the below screenshot.
2.Click Invite New Recipients option from Authorized Recipients Tab.
3.Now, a popup will appear to enter the recipient email id manually.
4.The email id is added into the list and the status will be changed to verified once the recipient verifies
5.Else the account remains unverified and unable to send email through Mailgun.